Are you still thinking about What you should have for breakfast? So, no more thinking about it because we have a perfect idea for you about what you can have for your breakfast and too healthy. Oatmeal is a popular breakfast around the world. Oatmeal is good for weight loss as well. Here you will find how 100 calories oatmeal for weight loss.
Next, you ponder all things you can use while preparing your meal. Oats are easy to make and are incredibly versatile. Oatmeal can use them in many things like porridge, milkshakes, and smoothies, and even you can add them to desserts like cakes, muffins, cookies, and cupcakes. Oatmeal comes with numerous benefits like weight loss.
Must Read: 600 Calorie Breakfast
Oats are good for weight loss because they are rich in satiating fiber that helps to prevent you from hunger and helps you to complete the need for snacks between meals. Oatmeal is the best way to weight loss and fulfill your nutritional level. Now, you can seek your answers here about oatmeal.
Oat is a cereal grain that gained popularity as a healthy breakfast. It is also known as ‘Jaie’ in Hindi as they are grown and cultivated in Punjab and Haryana. It is a breakfast food made from oats and added to water or milk. It is a whole-grain cereal with nutrition and is perfect for breakfast.
If you are going for packets of instant oats as they contain high sugar and sodium. So, before buying oats, check the labels to get knowledge about what you are getting and what you are eating. Oatmeal is the perfect breakfast to start your day. Oatmeal comes in different kinds: steel-cut oats or plain rolled oats cooked with milk or water. You can add ingredients to it.
If you are following the gluten-free, you must remember to check for oats certified with gluten-free labels.
Must Read: 7-Day Lazy Keto Meal Plan
Oatmeal is good to eat every day because it includes all the nutrients, checks your calorie intake, and is excellent for your heart. As a breakfast food or mid-meal snack and is a better option than the other food options available in the market.
Oats Breakfast Types
Eating oatmeal at the same time can be tiring. Oatmeal provides you with great options that can be an addition to oatmeal. Oats like brown rice and whole wheat come with tons of benefits. Different kinds of oats are available. Let’s discuss the different types of oatmeal you can have for your breakfast:
1. Steel-Cut Oats
Oats are coarsely cut groats with a sharp steel blade that completes your nutritional level and is the same as whole groats. The cooking time is slightly lesser than the whole groats. Steel-cut oats are high in dietary fibers. Steel-cut oats are gluten-free and are great options for all individuals who stick to a gluten-free diet.
2. Whole Oat Groats
Whole-oat groats are hulled oat kernels means the outermost covering is inedible and removed from whole-grain oats. The cooking time for oat groats is quite long and requires approx. 50-60 minutes apart from soaking time. Whole oat groats need a good overnight soak in water before you cook. They are easy to cook in a pressure cooker or an instant pot.
3. Scottish Oatmeal
Scottish oatmeal is excellent for making porridge and stews. They are the whole groats that are stoned to a coarse meal. Scottish oatmeal requires a cooking time of approx 15 to 20 minutes. You can even make chicken oats or lentil oats soup rich in protein.
4. Rolled Oats or Regular Oats
Regular oats are similar to Indian Poha. After that, they are flattened and can be eaten raw. The cooking time for regular oats is fast and very organic.
5. Quick Cook Oatmeal
Quick cook oatmeal is steamed for a long and pressed to make flakes and can cook in a few minutes. They have a mild flavor and are soft to eat with a mashy texture. They are not the same as instant-packed oats that require milk powder, sugar, and flavoring.
The best kind of oats is whole groats or steel cuts out as they keep you full for a long. Quick oats or the instant variety are more processed and similar to processed food. You must avoid them as they will increase your calorie intake. Making a bowl of oatmeal is easy and can be prepared within 10 minutes with zero monitoring.
Oats Breakfast Recipes for Weight Loss
Many of us don’t prefer to eat porridge regularly as per the meal plan. Here is the collection that includes recipes you can have for your breakfast that are easy to make. You can prepare even if you are late for your workout or office.
You can prepare different things to form oats and enjoy them regularly. Here are some delicious food options for you:
1. Oats Upma
A simple dish similar to south Indian Rava Upma. It is made using oats that include quick oatmeal and rolled oats. You can eat it plain or add different vegetables to make it healthier.
2. Oats Dosa
Dosa is prepared with powdered oats, herbs, and species. You can prepare it with instant dosa or with leftover dosa batter. They turn out to be delicious and crispy recipes. It is a great breakfast meal when served with chutney.
3. Oats Masala Dosa
It is a south Indian-style crispy dosa with spiced potato stuffing and oatmeal. You can even have it for brunch or dinner.
4. Coconut Oats
It is a quick breakfast made with rolled oats, spices, and coconut and can be served with curd to add flavor. It is similar to coconut rice.
5. Oats Egg Omellete
It is a super quick meal to prepare within 10 minutes. Eggs are the best combination you can have. It can be served with a bowl of soup or milk as well.
6. Oats Idli
It is a variation of south Indian steamed breakfast idli, served with tomato puree or coconut chutney.
7. Oats Uttapam
It is a quick recipe made with oatmeal. You can prepare it with the leftover dosa batter and add different vegetables as well to it.
8. Overnight Oats
You don’t need any recipe for this. All you need to do is assemble all the ingredients to make a nutritious breakfast. It is a perfect start can carry it in a mason jar.
9. Oats Besan Chila
Chila is a healthy breakfast prepared with gram flour and oatmeal. It is a perfect breakfast.
10. Vegetable Oats Porridge
If you are fond of veggies for making it a great breakfast. Usually, a porridge is considered sweet and different from one prepared with steel-cut oats.
11. Breakfast Oatmeal With Dried Fruits
If you are looking to work for a super easy breakfast and is perfect for you. You can prepare it within less time.
12. Chocolate Oats
It is a delicious recipe made of rolled oats, chocolate, nuts, and milk. It is a great recipe that you can prepare it.
13. Oats Fruit Smoothie
If you are fond of smoothies but not of oatmeal smoothies then you can try them with seasonal fruit and juice. You can use mangoes, bananas, and apples.
14. Oats & Scrambled Eggs
It is a bhurji oat recipe where you can add some proteins and have a great breakfast meal. You can add mic=xx veggies, spice powder, scrambled eggs, and oats.
15. Oats & Egg Porridge
This another quick recipe for all those who are fond of egg custard and can be prepared only by stirring eggs in the oats that can increase in nutritional value
16. Oats Kheer
It is a delicious pudding that contains ghee, nuts, milk, cardamom powder, and oats. You can even prepare it with jaggery and sugar.
Oats Breakfast Benefits
Oatmeal is a very healthy breakfast and offers low cholesterol as well. Oats can help us to drop approx. 7% LDL Cholesterol and can decrease heart health as well. Oatmeal helps:
- Lower blood sugar levels
- Relieves itching and irritation
- Eases constipation,
- Provides antioxidants,
- It minimizes the chance of colon cancer,
- It will help you to manage your weight, and
- It promotes healthy bacteria in your gut.
Let’s discuss some more benefits of oatmeal breakfast:
1. Low Cholesterol and Blood Sugar Level
Oats are a good source of be it soluble fiber or insoluble fiber:
- Soluble fiber help in maintaining low cholesterol level and also keep a check on your blood sugar level.
- Insoluble fiber helps move all the waste material out of our body and clean our intestines and protect us from constipation.
The fiber also helps by promoting good bacterial colonies to help to regulate immunity.
2. Protect Against Heart Disease and Blood Pressure
Oatmeal contains antioxidants that protect us from heart diseases and high blood pressure. They boost our immunity so that they can fight against infections and will make our immune system strong.
3. Oats Help In Weight Control
Oats are rich in fiber and protein and can help you to remain full for the long term, helping you to maintain and lose weight.
4. Source of Good Nutrition
One cup of oatmeal can replenish about 150 calories, 6 g of sugar, and four grams of fiber. It contains vitamins and minerals that are essential for your body.
5. Gluten-Free Nature
Oats are gluten-free and are very healthy. So, who are following a diet plan of gluten-free this is the best source for weight loss and a part of your diet plan.
6. It Helps You To Live Longer
If we believe certain studies, oatmeal helps you to live for a long term. It can lower the risk of the disease called autoimmune.
7. Oats Help With Skincare
There are numerous skincare products with an oatmeal component. The products with the oatmeal proved to control itching and irritation on the skin caused by eczema and other skin disorder.
8. Decrease The Risk Of Asthma
Risk of asthma common in children. It is preferred to give to children within six months.
9. It Helps in Constipation Relief
Since oats are rich in fiber content, they can decrease the risk of constipation in the elderly.
Instant Recipes for 100 calories oatmeal
Lets us discuss some instant recipes of 100 Calorie Salted Caramel Oatmeal and 100 Calorie Salted Caramel Oatmeal
100 Calorie Caramel Oatmeal
- ⅔ cup of water
- ⅓ cup of oats
- One tablespoon caramel dips
- One dash of coarse salt
- One tablespoon of whipped topping
- First, add ⅔ cup of water and ⅓ cup of oats in a bowl and stir. Remember to use a large bowl that prevents it from over and spilling out.
- Then cook it in a microwave for about 1 minute.
- Then take it out and stir it.
- Again put it in a microwave and cook it for more than 30 seconds.
- Stir again, and then add top with zero-calorie Walden caramel syrup or dip.
- Then sprinkle the salt and add whipped topping to it.
Nutrition: Serving: 1 bowl l Calorie: 100 l Carbohydrates: 19 g l Protein: 3.5 g Fat: 2.1 g
100 Calorie Salted Caramel Oatmeal
- ¾ cup of water
- 24 raisins
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tsp of rolled oats
- First, pour water into the combination of oats, Cinnamon, and raisins.
- Then microwave it for approx. 1-2 minutes
- Then take it out and stir until it thickens.
- Further, you can add ¼ teaspoon of vanilla or a pinch of salt if you want.
Nutrition: Ingredients: 4 l Serving: 1 bowl l Calorie: 100
100-Calorie Oatmeal Muffins
Let us discuss the recipes for 100-calorie Apple-Oatmeal Muffins and 100 Calorie Blueberry Muffins:
100-calorie Apple-Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 cups of low-fat buttermilk
- ⅓ cup of dark brown sugar
- Two large eggs
- One medium size tart apple
- Flavor addition
- 1 cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ⅔ cup of bleached powder
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- Take a large bowl and combine it with oats, buttermilk, sugar, eggs, apple, and the flavor of your choice.
- Then combine it with flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir well.
- Heat up to 375 degrees F. Grease 12 muffins and pour them into the buttermilk mixture.
- Fill it in muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes until it gets brown and fragrant. Then loosen it from tins.
- Now they are ready to be served and can be stored in the refrigerator.
100 Calorie Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- Two egg whites
- 1 cup of blueberries, frozen
- ½ cup of water
- First, spray 12 muffin tins and heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then mix flour, cinnamon, soda, and oats.
- Then add applesauce, sugar, egg white, and water
- Miix it.
- Add blueberries and then bake it at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, until it tops.
Nutrition: calories: 100 l total fat: 0.9 g l Protein: 3.1 g
100-Calorie Oatmeal Cookies
Let us discuss the recipes for 100-calorie chocolate cookies and 100 calorie Banana cookies:
100-Calorie Chocolate Cookies
- 65g rolled oats
- 20 g almonds
- 35 g flour
- 40 demerara sugar
- ½ tsp of sugar
- One small egg
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 40 g of chocolate chips
- First, heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine it with oats, almonds, sugar, salt, and flour in a bowl.
- Take a separate bowl and whisk together maple sauce, eggs, and vanilla.
- Now put the wet ingredient in the dry with the chocolate chips and mix them to make a dough.
- Then mound ten spoons into a baking sheet and cook for 12 minutes.
- Leave it to cool.
- The cookies are ready.
100-Calorie Banana Cookies
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Gluten-free rolled oats
- First, Make sure your bananas are good as they are sweeter.
- Add a small amount of maple sauce.
- Preheat the oven and mix the mixture until that.
- Spread the batter into the sheet.
- Give it a shape.
- Bake it for 12 minutes
- Now you can enjoy your cookies.
100-Calorie Oatmeal Pancakes
Let us discuss the recipes for 100-calorie Oatmeal Pancakes and 100 calorie Vegetable Pancakes:
100 Calorie Oatmeal Pancakes:
- Rolled Oats
- First, make the batter by adding all the ingredients to a bowl.
- Rest the batter for a few minutes and soak up the milk and banana.
- Then heat the non-stick pan, add ¼ cup portion of the batter and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Repeat the process.
100-Calorie Vegetable Pancakes
- ½ cup of grated carrots
- 1 cup of oat flour
- ½ chopped spinach
- 2 tsp of green chilies
- ½ tsp of peanut oil
- 1 cup of chopped coriander
- Combine all the ingredients along with the cup of water.
- Heat the non-stick pan and grease it with peanut oil.
- Pour the batter in a circular motion.
- Cook until both sides turn in brown.
- Repeat the same for more pancakes.
- Serve them with chutney made with coriander and green chilies.
100-Calorie Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Let us discuss the recipes for 100-calorie oatmeal raisin cookies and 100-Calorie cinnamon raisin cookies:
- 1.5 cups of oats
- 1 cup of white flour
- ½ cup of Splenda
- 1 tsp of Baking soda
- Dash of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of sugar-free sauce
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- One ¼ cup of raisins
- ¼ plus 2 tsp of honey
- First, combine all the ingredients and stir well.
- Then add apple sauce, vanilla, and honey to it and mix.
- Add raisins to it.
- Stir it until it’s smooth.
- Use teaspoons to spread it on the sheets and cook it for 7 minutes.
100-Calorie Cinnamon Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup of white flour
- 1 tsp of grounded cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2/2 cup of brown sugar
- One large egg
- 1 ½ tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of raisins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- First, Preheat the oven with a spraying sheet.
- Whisk cinnamon, baking powder, and flour in a bowl.
- Then add butter, egg, and vanilla,
- Stir it well, and spread it on the sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes
- Take it out.
- Let it cook.
Now, you have different varieties of recipes and products for your breakfast. Oats are a complete mixture of nutrients and fibers containing a lot of health benefits. It contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties the risk of chronic conditions like diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and blood pressure is low.
Try out different recipes and get your favorite one. Oats are the best way to lose weight. This article covers all the information about oats. By this, you can understand that oats are the component of your diet oatmeal can be part of your regular diet plan.
Adding oatmeal to your diet can be helpful as it will help in fast weight loss. These different food variations and flavors increase the flavor of oatmeal and make it even tastier. Now you have the best diet plan for your daily routine. But remember following a diet is not helpful for weight loss.
Oatmeal is the best way which can help you with weight loss. Remember to eat oatmeal regularly in your breakfast to get desired results. With the oatmeal diet and little workout, you’ll lose much more than others working hard with a lot of diet plans.
You have so many recipes for oatmeal that you can try different things regularly so that you don’t get tired. These are the best way for 100 calories oatmeal diet for weight loss. So get ready to lose weight and get a lot of health benefits at the same time. No need to worry about getting fat and staying hungry for a long. Plan an oatmeal diet for yourself now.
This article is purposive for intended general information and does not mark individual circumstances. It is not an alternative to professional advice or help. It should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. A licensed physician must be consulted to diagnose and treat any medical condition. Any action you take due to the information on this page is entirely at your own risk and responsibility!
People Also Ask (FAQs)
Question 1. How many oats are 100 calories?
Answer: There is ½ cup of oats in 100 calories.
Question 2. How many grams are 100 calories of oats?
Answer: There are approx 389 calories in 100 g of Oats. The % Daily Value (DV) tells us how many nutrients are required for serving our daily diet.
Question 3. Are better oats 100 calories gluten-free?
Answer: Yes, gluten-free is a better option for everyone as it contains low calories.