Are you looking for foods that you can include in your diet? Nuts have a reputation that includes calories and fat. But some nuts are very helpful and play a very important role in weight loss. Now the question is are almonds good for weight loss? Almonds play a key role in burning calories and burn a lot of calories. Almonds are packed with health benefits and nutrients like copper and magnesium. Though almonds are mostly made up of fat that comes from mono-unsaturated fats that are healthy for your body.
They are the best way that can provide essential for your body and helps to maintain cholesterol level and the health of the heart. Almonds come under the low-calorie count is a great and effective way for losing weight. Here, you will find the best ways to burn your calories and weight loss tips. Almonds are edible seeds that come in different shapes and sizes, and colors and bring a lot of healthy benefits.
Must Read: Exercise Bikes Good for Weight Loss
Almonds are excellent for your body as it helps you to improve your heart health and can give your body a perfect shape and size by burning a lot of calories. Eating almonds daily will not only help in weight loss but also helps fastens your metabolism and you can lose belly fat fast. You can eat up to 30-35 almonds during the whole day which will increase your metabolism and help you to burn belly fat fast.
Almonds Can Curb Hunger
Almonds can be very good if you include them in your meal or a snack. They will help you to fill your stomach for a longer period and will be able to maintain a beeline for your snack. You can have almonds at non-eating hours of the day and they keep you full and won’t allow overeating or any unhealthy food. So instead of eating unhealthy food you can keep a packet of almonds in your bag or at your working place and can have it whenever you feel hungry. There are various reasons why almonds are satisfying:
1. Almonds Are Filled With Protein
According to the facts, one ounce of almonds contains 6 grams of protein and comes under high-protein foods that are helpful for weight loss. It is the best example that a low-carbohydrate diet with high protein helps to increase your metabolism. Including high-protein diet food in your meal will help to suppress your appetite. If you include them in your diet you will feel less hungry and able to shed your calories.
Must Read: Lose 5 Pounds in a Week
2. Almonds Are High in Good Fats
A single ounce of almond consists of 15 grams of total weight which may look like a lot but most of it is a monounsaturated fat that is beneficial for your heart as it contains a lot of fiber and proteins. It provides you with a lot of energy and helps to curb your hunger because the food is digested slowly.
3. Almonds Are Filled With Fiber
Almonds are filled with fiber. Fiber is an important part of your meal that will help you to feel satisfied for a longer period. There are about 3 grams of fiber in an ounce of almonds. Instead of eating unhealthy food or high-calorie food, you can feed yourself with almonds. They will make your appetite less and can help you to stay hungry for longer periods.
- Nuts have gained a lot of popularity
- Almond is one of the most trusted superfoods
- They help you to lose weight faster
- They make your metabolism work fast
- Almonds consist of Healthy fats
- Consuming almonds can top-up good fats for your body
- Almonds are rich in fiber
- They are rich in proteins
- They help you to lose belly fat faster
As Almonds are good for weight loss here are some benefits of Almonds. Almonds are a good source of Vitamin E, zinc, potassium and magnesium, and antioxidants. Almonds proved to be a good source of food containing all the nutrients that are essential for your body. Almonds help to maintain your cholesterol level. They are a little delight that helps you burn more calories and lose weight faster. Almonds prove to be an excellent source of nutrition for us. Now you will find the Benefits of Almonds and Almonds for weight loss:
Benefits of Almonds
Almonds are one of the popular nuts that are highly nutritious as well as rich in healthy fats, vitamins, and antioxidants. Almonds provide you with a lot of health benefits they help to control blood sugar level, especially for type 2 diabetic patients, control blood pressure, improves your health heat, have good bones, are full of nutrients that are essential for your body, and check your cholesterol level. Here are some benefits of Almonds:
- They deliver vast amounts of nutrients: Almonds are the edible seeds of almond trees, also known as Prunus Dulcis. Almonds are sold raw or roasted in the market. Many things are made up of almonds like butter, milk, flour, and pasta.
One ounce of almonds includes proteins, fibers, fat, manganese, copper, B2, and magnesium.
- They are loaded with Antioxidants: Almonds ate filled with antioxidants which are a great source. Antioxidants help you to protect against oxidative stress and play a role of major contributor to disease and aging.
- Almonds help to control blood sugar: Almonds are low in carbs but they are high in fat, proteins, and fibers. They are best for those who are suffering from diabetes. They are helpful to control the sugar level and also bring improvement for metabolic syndrome.
- Helps to control Blood Pressure: Almonds consist of magnesium which can help you to control blood pressure. If your blood pressure remains high for a constant period it can lead to Kidney failure, heart attacks, and strokes.
- Helps to control cholesterol levels: High LDL in the blood or bad cholesterol is a major risk factor for heart attack. Eating almonds can help in the reduction of LDL cholesterol and the risk of a heart attack.
- Reduces Hunger: Almonds are high in carbohydrates and high in protein which will help you to stay full for a longer period. Hence, you will consume fewer calories.
- Effective for Weight loss: Almonds are high in protein and the best for burning calories. This helps you to stay hungry for a longer period. They will you stay hungry for longer periods which will protect you from overeating.
- Bone health: It proved eating almonds can boost your bone health as they are rich in nutrients like copper, magnesium, zinc, protein, manganese, copper, and vitamin K. Bone is a very important part of the human body and hence need to be healthy. Strong bones will help you to improve your organs from any injury to the brain, heart, and brain.
Why Are Almonds Good for Weight Loss?
Almonds are the best way for you to burn calories. Almonds can help you to lose all unwanted pounds by giving your body a perfect shape. As almonds are full of healthy fats and rich in proteins with low carbohydrates that help you stay full for a longer period as it loses your appetite to eat.
So, almonds are a great source of weight loss. You can include almonds in your meal plan or during snack time. Almonds are rich in many sources and provide you with a lot of health benefits. You can even have them in your breakfast and even put them in milk and salad if you can’t eat them raw.
You can enjoy almonds in various ways like you can eat them raw or roasted. You can soak them in water and then eat them. You put sliced almonds in salads, milk, or yogurt. Instead of butter, you can try almond butter which is very essential for your body.
Here Are Some Reasons Why Almonds Should Be Trusted for Weight Loss
Here are some reasons why you can trust almonds are a good source of nutrients:
High In Protein
If you are serious about your weight then you can choose almonds as they are a rich source of protein that helps in the improvement and development of lean muscle mass. Almonds contain healthy fays fats like mono-unsaturated fats that help to reduce the body mass index. It mainly targets the fat that is stored in your abdominal region. It means it especially includes your belly fat. So, girls, you can include almonds for sure as it is the best way to lose belly fat.
High in Fiber
The skin of almonds is a rich source of dietary fiber that helps in the digestion of food and helps in a healthy bowel movement for the undigested food that causes acidity and bloating. Fiber helps your stomach fill for a longer period. It is also suggested that you can soak almonds in water as it prevents anti-enzymes and can be healthier. These enzymes prevent various vitamins and minerals and can further lead to deficiency.
Low Carbohydrate Snack
Almonds consist are low in carbohydrates which helps to decrease the risk of a heart attack. It is suggested that a low-carb diet helps to reduce belly fat and helps you to burn more and more calories. Since almonds contain low carbohydrates they will not increase your calorie intake and you can have them without any worry. Protein is high in them which will you to lose weight faster.
One of the Best Snacks
Almonds can be the best snack for weight loss. You are suggested to keep a small packet of almonds with you and can have it anytime you feel hungry and want to munch something. They will help you stay full for a longer period and prevent you from overeating. You should eat at least 4-6 almonds daily as they are rich in protein. Study researchers said if you soak them in water it will be more helpful as the skin of almonds contains casein which is not good for your body and does not digest properly.
How To Choose Almonds For Weight Loss
Whenever you are in the market make sure you buy either raw almonds or roasted almonds. Never prefer salted or fried almonds because they can increase your calorie intake instead of decreasing it. Fried almonds are filled with saturated fats which are not at all good for your body and health. You can choose almonds as your morning snack by adding them to morning cereal, salads, or yogurt.
When you are on weight loss you need to do it with patience and dedication and need to engage yourself in a regular workout, maintain a balanced diet, and eat healthy food. If you make almonds part of your daily routine it can help with your weight loss at a faster pace.
Healthy Almond Recipies For Weight Lose
Here are some healthy recipes for almonds that are healthy. If you can’t eat raw almonds regularly then you can try adding almonds to your food. Almonds are very important for your body. You can try these recipes at home easily and make them part of your diet plan.
1. Baked Almond Kofta Recipe
Almond kofta is a light and delicious snack for dinner or a party. It is considered to be a healthy meal with mashed potatoes and almonds. You can even add spices and egg to give it a wonderful taste. Baked almond kofta requires 30 minutes in total for cooking. All you need to do is follow the steps for this wonderful dish:
- 2 cups of mashed potato (boiled)
- 2 tsp of milk
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ¾ cup of mashed almonds
- 1 tsp of flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of chopped green onions
- ½ tsp of pepper
- ¾ tsp of salt
- 2 eggs
- Flour for rolling
- Dried breadcrumbs for rolling
- Take a bowl and place mashed potato in it. Then add almonds, milk, salt, green onions, pepper, nutmeg, and flour to it.
- Mix them well and keep them in the fridge for 15 minutes. After that take them out and start rolling them in equal sizes to make koftas.
- Place breadcrumbs, flour, and beaten eggs on different plates.
- Now cover them with flour properly and then put them in beaten eggs. After that put them in breadcrumbs and cover them properly.
- Preheat the oven to 200c and bake the koftas until they show golden brown color.
- They are ready to be served and hot.
2. Almond Granola Bar Recipe
This is the perfect snack for kids. It is a delicious and healthy snack for them. It includes all the best things which children like to nibble upon. Granola bars include oats, jaggery, honey, sesame seeds, almonds, and a lot more. It takes around 50-60 minutes for cooking the whole dish.
- 225 gms of jaggery
- 225 gms of wheat flour
- 225 gms of oats
- 3 grams of cinnamon powder
- 90 gms of coconut powder (dry)
- 200 gms of melted butter
- 150 ml of water (hot)
- 5 grams of baking powder
- 150 ml of honey
- 200 gms of almonds
- 100 gms of apricots
- 100 gms of raisins
- 25 grams of sesame seeds
- 25 gms of multigrain seeds
- First boil water in a deep vessel.
- Then add jaggery and honey to it.
- Now take a roasting pan to roast coconut powder, almonds, sesame seeds, and multigrain seeds.
- Now combine all the ingredients with honey and jaggery. Start mixing the combination properly.
- Take a shallow baking pan and cover it with the foil and spread the mixture on it.
- Start baking the bar at 180 degrees Celcius for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the bar out and let it cool.
- You can cut the bar into convenient pieces and serve them.
3. Banana And Almond Porridge Recipe
It is a traditional oats recipe that contains a nutty flavor with a mixture of fruits. This dish is filled with chia seeds, bananas, dried fruits, and nuts. It requires only 20 minutes of cooking.
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- ¼ cups of oats
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ chopped bananas
- 2 tsp of sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp of chopped dates
- 1 saffron thread
- 2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp of honey
- First, gather all these ingredients.
- Then soak the oats in water for a few minutes.
- Then take another bowl and soak chia seeds. Soak them for at least 10 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat it on a medium flame.
- Then heat the milk and add banana, cinnamon, almonds, and dates to it.
- Now add saffron milk thread to it.
- After 30 seconds you have to add oats to the milk and cook them with milk.
- After 1 minute, when the combination in the pan is consistent and the oats are cooked properly, close the flame and remove the pan.
- Pour the porridge into the serving and bowl and now it is ready to be served.
4. Gluten-Free Almond Cake Recipe
The gluten-free cake is a delicious recipe you can treat your friends with. Almond cake is a fabulous dish that can be served during the festive season. Since it is gluten it doesn’t mean that it has less flavor. This recipe combines fabulous flavors giving you the perfect taste. It requires only 45 minutes to cook.
- 2 gms of separated eggs
- 100 grams of honey
- 350 grams of almond powder
- 10 gms of vanilla essence
- 10 gms of baking soda
- 5 gms of soda
- 50 gms of sliced almonds
- 20 gms of honey
- First, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Now coat a pan with butter and flour.
- Then beat 4 yolks, vanilla, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix it well until it is combined properly.
- Then add almond powder to it and mix until it is combined.
- Then beat 3 eggs in another bowl until it is foamed but not stiffy. Then scrap the batter in the pan prepared above.
- Start baking the cake until it reaches a golden brown color. This is could be done within 20 minutes.
- Take out the cake and let it cool. Now cut the cake edge gently from the pan and remove the side ring.
- Let it cool.
- Sprinkle honey and some sliced almonds for decoration.
- Your gluten-free almond cake is ready to be served.
5. Almond and Cranberry Poha Recipe
This can be a great option for breakfast. It is a healthier breakfast and contains a lot of nutrients filled with the flavors of cranberry. It contains zero cholesterol and is a perfect combination to serve. It is high in protein and calcium. It requires 35 minutes of cooking time.
- 450 gms of onion
- 200 gms of almond flakes
- 200 gms of poha
- 15 gms of salt
- 100 gms of cranberries (dries/frozen)
- 20 ml of oil
- 5 gms of green chilies
- 15 gms of curry leaves
- 100 gms of coconut (fresh)
- Chopped coriander
- First, soak and pour in cold water and keep it aside once you strain it.
- Then soak ¾ of the almond flakes in water as well and toast the rest.
- Take a pan and add mustard oil, curry leaves, and green chilies (chopped) and mix them.
- Now add poha and almond flakes to it.
- Then add seasoning to it.
- Next, add cranberries to it.
- Then add chopped coriander and coconut to it.
- Then add toasted almonds to it.
- Poha is ready to be served hot.
By this article, you can find out that almonds are a great source of fatty acids that help to lose weight at a faster pace. One ounce of almonds contains so many nutrients that can help your health and body. Nutrients in almonds are
- Carbohydrates 6.1 grams
- Fat 14.2 grams
- Calories 164
- Fiber 3.5 grams
- Protein 6 grams
You can see almonds contain nutritional components and can be identified as the proper portion of serving. Not only this, Almonds are full of healthy benefits. It helps to control blood sugar levels, especially for type 2 diabetic patients, blood pressure and maintaining heart level, help to improve LDL cholesterol.
If you can’t have almonds raw you can also consume almond milk, almond flour, almond butter, and smoothies which can add flavor to your taste. Almonds can be eaten as the perfect snack. You can have them after waking up and during the non-eating hours of the day.
You can also try out the recipes discussed above very are very beneficial and easy to be prepared. This article covers all the information you needed about almonds. Now plan the almonds in your diet.
This article is purposive for intended general information and does not mark individual circumstances. It is not an alternative to professional advice or help. It should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. A licensed physician must be consulted to diagnose and treat any medical condition. Any action you take due to the information on this page is entirely at your own risk and responsibility!
People Also Ask (FAQs)
Question 1. Do almonds burn belly fat?
Answer: Almonds are a good source of amino acids that help you to burn belly fat fast. If you eat 3-5 almonds a day it will help your metabolism to work faster and help you to lose weight at a faster face.
Question 2. Can we eat 10 almonds a day for weight loss?
Answer: You can eat a maximum of 4-6 almonds a day. If you eat more than that it can cause diarrhea, and bloating and can even cause an upset stomach. It can even cause health issues and lead to choking, breathing issues, and death as well. You can eat 10 almonds by soaking them in water as it contains valuable nutrients.