How to lose 15 pounds in a month? It does sound like a dream. Losing weight has almost become a goal for everyone. Losing weight can be the toughest time, especially when you don’t know where to start. Don’t worry as we have got your back with these tips to help you lose weight and keep it off. Read on to find out how you can improve your diet to help you reach your goals faster than ever before.
Read Also: How to Burn 1500 Calories a Day
Positive Impact of a healthy diet on a person
Healthy eating provides numerous health benefits. In general, those who eat a healthy diet are more likely to maintain a healthy weight, be at a healthy weight, and have a lower body mass index (BMI). This results in a reduced risk of being overweight or obese and developing diseases linked to obesity such as heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
Eating a healthy diet can also reduce your risk of developing osteoporosis and getting enough calcium in your diet is especially important if you are lactose intolerant. Healthy eating is linked to better dental health, clearer skin, and healthier hair. A few simple changes will do wonders for your overall well-being.
Read Also: Drink Kombucha For Weight Loss
Table of Contents
- Positive Impact of a healthy diet on a person
- Negative Impact, if any
- Counting Calories
- Simple Steps How To Lose 15 Pounds in a Month
- How to Lose 15 Pounds in a month with Exercise
- Diets to Consider Lose 15 Pounds in a Month
- Dietary Changes you need to go onboard with
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Negative Impact, if any
There is some evidence that diets high in processed foods can lead to inflammation and oxidative stress, which has been linked to a higher risk of chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. While there is not much research on their effects on healthy individuals, chronic diseases do not occur overnight.
Moderation is key in everything we eat—and what our parents and grandparents ate. Choose whole grains over refined ones; avoid fried food and high-fat dressings; limit consumption of fatty meats (such as bacon or sausage); watch your portions! Most importantly: Don’t be afraid to ask questions about what you’re eating. Your doctor should be an excellent resource for questions about diet and health.
Read Also: How Does Fiber Help In Weight Loss
- 500-1000 calories are ideal for a day
- Factors of intake of calories
- Energy needed
- Not < 1200 for female (woman)
- Not < 1500 for male (men)
- Use calorie counting apps to keep track
NOTE: Energy needed may differ in various health conditions. So, the exception is under health professionals
Simple Steps How To Lose 15 Pounds in a Month
It’s pretty difficult to lose 15 pounds in a month, but it’s possible if you combine some healthy eating habits with an exercise routine. If you haven’t made any significant changes to your diet yet, it can be hard to lose weight quickly and sustainably because most people already have unhealthy eating habits, no matter how little they eat or how much they exercise.
This doesn’t mean that a healthy diet is ineffective for weight loss — just that it might not work for everyone. If you want to drop 15 pounds as fast as possible, try changing your diet and adopting new health habits first before incorporating an exercise program into your routine. Here, is a list of all the steps you can follow:
1) Drink Lots of Water
Drinking lots of water helps keep you hydrated, which in turn prevents your hunger from raging out of control. When you’re properly hydrated, fat is much easier to burn for energy. Also, drinking ice cold water constricts your blood vessels and can increase your metabolism. Add a slice of lemon to your glass for added flavor and health benefits.
2) Practice Intuitive Eating
When most people think of weight loss, they imagine a strict regimen of self-denial. While it’s true that being overly restrictive with your eating can be counterproductive to weight loss, there are ways to practice intuitive eating that can also be healthy for your body and mood.
Intuitive eating simply means listening to your body’s natural hunger cues instead of fighting them or ignoring them entirely. To lose weight quickly and easily, many dieters try to cut out their hunger cues entirely—in so doing, they ignore physical signals that could tell them they need some fuel or nourishment to keep going.
3) Eat Breakfast
When you eat breakfast, your body uses more energy throughout the day. Researchers have found that eating breakfast can improve focus, reduce impulsivity, and control overeating. One study found that women who ate breakfast were better able to maintain a healthy weight than those who did not. There are many different options for breakfast foods.
Try an egg sandwich on whole wheat toast with tomatoes or bacon, fruit smoothies made with low-fat yogurt, or oatmeal with fresh berries and nuts. Once you get into a routine of eating breakfast regularly, it will be easy to stick to losing weight efficiently.
4) Cut Out Carbs After Lunch
One quick way to start losing weight is to stop eating starchy carbs after lunch. If you are used to having pasta or potatoes with every dinner, try eating them as a side dish instead. Swap out your usual breakfast of cereal and milk for a hardboiled egg and some fruit, which should help get your day off on a healthy note. And for lunch, don’t be afraid to experiment.
Beans and rice make a delicious (and filling) combo that you can swap in for pizza or sandwiches when cravings strike. Starchy carbs are unappealing at night anyway because they lead to that same spike in blood sugar as sugary treats do and an insulin response will cause your body to retain more fat instead of burning it off.
5) Check Your Calorie Intake
Take your weight and body fat percentage into account when you are creating a calorie budget. For every pound of lean mass, women need about 300 extra calories per day; for every pound of fat, that number is only 200. Calculate your resting metabolic rate (how many calories you burn at rest) to estimate how many calories are needed to maintain your current weight without exercise. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds with 20 percent body fat, then 1 pound of lean mass = 3,000 calories/day * 12 = 36,000 calories/month, or 2 pounds of fat = 200*12=2,400 calories/month.
6) Eat More Fibre-Rich Foods
Researchers found that a diet high in fiber, particularly one rich in soluble fiber found in oatmeal and beans, can aid weight loss by lowering appetite. Research has shown that increasing your daily intake of fiber can lead to over 100 fewer calories each day. Need another reason to eat more oats? Oats are high in tryptophan, which is an amino acid that helps keep your body calm as well as improves sleep quality. A lack of tryptophan may be linked to depression so get eating.
7) Eat More Protein-Rich Foods
If you are trying to lose weight, protein is your go-to macronutrient. But how much protein should you be eating each day? Your daily intake of protein should make up about 15 percent of your total caloric intake. So if you are following a 2,000-calorie diet plan, that means you need about 90 grams of protein each day.
8) Eat More Vegetables
It’s easier to eat a healthy diet when you start by getting enough of all nutrients. This is true whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight. On average, men need 56 grams of fiber per day and women need 28 grams per day (as part of a 2,000-calorie diet).
Most people only get about half that amount from food sources. So fill up on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, and legumes — these are some of the best sources of dietary fiber. It may take more time at first, but it will be worth it in the long run.
9) Choose Better Beverages
Although you may think your morning coffee is harmless, every sip can add up to around 150 calories, depending on how much cream and sugar you use. Instead of getting your caffeine fix from a cream-laden latte, opt for herbal tea. Not only will it provide flavor and a mild pick-me-up, but it can also help control hunger pangs.
A study published in Appetite found that participants who sipped on an herbal beverage felt fuller and ate less than those who drank a cappuccino with added fat. Similarly, add fresh fruit or vegetables to your water instead of lemon or sugary juices. The natural sweetness is often enough to satisfy cravings while providing valuable vitamins and nutrients that are lacking in most commercial beverages.
10) Mind Your Portions
Portion sizes have increased dramatically in recent decades. For example, a typical fast food meal today is 2-3 times larger than it was 30 years ago. If you want to lose weight, you’ll need to pay careful attention to your portion sizes. One easy way to do that is by using smaller plates and bowls for your meals.
11) Chew well
Chewing slowly and thoroughly helps a lot! Here’s why:
- The brain gets its time to process. It gets that you have eaten enough to maintain your body.
- Eating slowly helps regarding:
- Intake of food: decreased
- Intake of smaller portion: increased
- Feeling of fullness: increased
How to Lose 15 Pounds in a month with Exercise
1. Permit More Exercise
The focal point of each weight decrease venture is aerobic exercises. Keeping away from weight decrease, high-impact exercises:
- Build up your heart and your muscles.
- Assist with controlling your fixation. Assist with dealing with your hankering.
- Help the thickness of the bone.
- Improve the mood by delivering endorphins.
- Empower you to rest for the time being simpler.
- Help lessen or control raised pulse, coronary illness, asthma, and certain cancers.
2. Cardio Exercises
Following are the Cardio exercises which are to be noted
This is quite possibly the most famous choice for getting numerous to shed overabundance pounds. The 5-mph consumes 240 calories for each individual for 125 pounds and 355 calories for every individual for 185 pounds.
The faster your speed, the more calories you consume. If you have any desire to go around landmasses, somewhere in the range of 270 and 400 calories in only 30 minutes, you can consume anyplace.
Skipping creases is a brilliant method for heating up while finishing different exercises. In any case, this essential exercise can be utilized with more prominent solidarity to assist you with getting in shape.
Numerous people have started to utilize boxing to assist them with shedding weight and toning their muscles. Kickboxing frequently expands the harmony, supports the heart, and is an ideal method for assisting you with feeling baffled.
Ladies attempting to shed 15 pounds in a month could seek after this training as a one-hour kickboxing class will consume 350 to 450 calories.
Riding your bicycle is an ideal method for attempting to shed 15 pounds per month. Like different activities, the amount you weigh is the number of calories you consume. The more established you are, the sooner you lose calories.
Recall likewise that the sooner you fly, the more calories you consume. E.g., single 155-pound cycling at 12-13.9 miles an hour gives 596 calories. Assuming a similar individual builds his speed to 14 to 15.9 miles each hour, he can consume 744 calories.
Swimming is probably the simplest way for some people to drop 15 pounds every month. This is because it would assist with losing calories and is a sensibly protected practice for most people, i.e., grown-ups, individuals with powerless knees and different handicaps, fit people, and so on.
Swimming laps, solidly, or using styles like breaststroke, butterfly, or creep can consume wherever in a short time somewhere in the range of 300 and 488 calories. General swimming eliminates 180 to 266 calories; all the while, the backstroke consumes 240 to 355 calories.
This preparation would focus on the pecs, deltoids, rear arm muscles, and heart.
These are the following Push-Ups to be Consider
- Drop on the floor down on the ground with a movement or an exercise cushion and put your hands somewhat more extensive than your shoulders.
- Broaden your legs so your palms and toes are adjusted. Hold your body clear from your shoulders to your foot. Try not to contract in the jog or curve your back.
- Get your heart through the entrails and fix your jog by pressing your stomach button to the spine.
- Breathe in as you bend your knees gradually, then; at that point, drop yourself to a 90-degree point.
- Breathe out as you get ready to pull your chest muscles and bring your hands down into the beginning job. Kindly don’t keep the elbows out; somewhat twist them.
- Rehash this with one set 10 to multiple times.
- Assuming that it is excessively brutal for you, bring your knees up as opposed to fixing your feet. You might even play out a similar activity towards a couch or a seat as opposed to moving to the floor.
- This is an ideal callisthenic wellness course for deltoids, biceps, rear arm muscles, chest, slanted, heart, quads, hamstrings, and hip removers.
It is a full-body gym exercise that focuses on:
- Weight loss
- Build muscles
Next, follow the following:
- Put your feet a shoulder-width apart
- After this, squat down and put your hands between the feet. The back should be kept straight.
- While the load is on the hands, try to put your feet back. This will help you to get on your hands and toes completely in a push-up position.
- Before moving to your initial position, do at least one push-up.
- After this, you have to jump strong from that position to make sure your arms reach over the head
Spiderman Walk (or Spider Crawl)
This exercise focuses on:
- Upper back
Next, follow the following:
- Bend down to the floor initially in a plank position
- Keep the hands on the floors at a distance of about shoulder-width
- The shoulder position should be directly over the hands
- Legs behind with a distance of about hip-width
- Put pressure on your left foot on the floor and the right foot should be off the floor
- After that rotate the leg externally
- Contraction of the glute and core muscles
- While doing that, you have to keep your back flat. Additionally, the right knee should come out from the right elbow
- If your knee comes close to the elbow during the process, press your core muscles.
- Keep your palm on the floor with the left arm stretched and extended as the left knee comes near the right elbow.
- While you are low on the ground, alternatively crawl forward with your hand and bent knee
- Keep walking or crawling to your desired place. You can set a time for duration purposes.
Helps in strengthening the:
- The leg muscles
- The core
For the position:
- you need to keep your feet approximately as our hip distance
- Torsal to be tall and upright
- Core engaged with the pressure
- Chin lifted and looked straight (you may focus on a point)
Next, follow the following:
- Take your right foot forward about two feet, this way it becomes natural for your left leg to lift.
- Put your hands on the hips with your elbow at a 90-degree angle for each step
- As you breathe in, you need to bend both of your knees, you must stop as your back knee is just going to touch the ground. (keep your core in-work and back straight)
- After this, slowly raise your right foot, meanwhile, lifting your left foot from its place. As you do this, slowly breathe out. You should avoid leaving forward with your torso while doing this.
- With each lunge start to step forward
- You have to alternate the sides in the lunges
- The time for it is 5 to 10 minutes
- The final lunge is where you bring your back foot to meet the front
Diets to Consider Lose 15 Pounds in a Month
Certain eating styles may help support your weight-loss pretensions. There are some diets worth considering
1. Mediterranean Diet
Mediterranean Diet emphasizes having fresh yield including vegetables, fish, fruits, and whole grains. Sources of vitamins, fiber, minerals, healthy fats, and phytochemicals, help achieve a healthy body.
What’s the Mediterranean Diet aggregate?
It’s grounded on the eating habits of long-living grown-ups from the Mediterranean and offers a general guideline regarding what to eat regularly and what to eat less frequently than other foods
· Starting from the base of the aggregate, you’ll observe that it throws an emphasis on being physically active and having refections in good company. Rising overhead, in the coming block of the aggregate, shows you the foods that should form the base of your diet. It advises having whole grains, fruits, vegetables, sap, sauces, spices, nuts, and healthy fats similar to olive canvas every day.
· According to the coming two blocks of the Mediterranean Diet Aggregate, you should have fish and seafood at least twice a week and have moderate portions of flesh, eggs, and dairy products similar as rubbish and yogurt on a diurnal to daily basis.
· Reaching the tip of the aggregate, you’ll see the food particulars that are to be eaten less frequently. The Mediterranean Diet advises limiting the input of red meat and sweets.
· Following the Mediterranean Diet Aggregate, you may also drink wine intemperance. Still, it isn’t recommended to consume advanced amounts of wine.
· The Mediterranean Diet brings a combination of instructions to the table, which collectively or in combination feel to reduce the cardiometabolic threat. It’s also well-known in terms of sustainability which is promoted by veritably many other diets.
Per the Mayo Clinic, the Mediterranean diet is packed with stringy foods like-
· Whole grains like brown rice and whole-wheat chuck
· Vegetables: including cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and kale
· Legumes like sap, peas, and lentils
2. Keto Diet
The ketogenic diet is low in carbs, moderate in protein, and high in fats.
Then is how it may encourage weight loss when you cut back on carbs, your body breaks down fat to produce ketones as an indispensable source of energy, a metabolic state is called ketosis. Likewise, this diet plan may also drop hormones that spark your appetite.
Low-carb, high-fat eating styles like the ketogenic diet are clinically proven to reduce body weight and ameliorate glycemic control. They feel to be particularly salutary for individualities with insulin resistance, non-alcoholic adipose liver complaint, and elevated triglyceride situations.
That is why ketogenic diets may help in diabetes operation, according to a July 2016 review in the Journal of Rotundity & Eating Diseases.
Dietary Changes you need to go onboard with
A healthy diet is crucial to weight loss. More than half of Indians don’t get enough vitamins and minerals in their diets. Eating a variety of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and legumes (beans) can help fill nutritional gaps that exist in many Indian diets. Plus, these foods are high in fiber and rich in antioxidants, which play a role in fighting chronic diseases like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
These tips are proven strategies for successful weight loss. Simply by cutting back on sugary drinks, weighing yourself regularly, and exercising, you can lose 5 pounds a month—without starving yourself or replacing meals with protein shakes.
The key is to make small changes that you can stick with; if you start pushing your body too hard from day one, there are chances that you’ll be quickly overwhelmed and drop out of your new healthy habits before they have a chance to take hold. Instead, focus on taking gradual steps toward weight loss that improve your overall well-being. And remember: Any weight loss is good weight loss! Keep it off by eating right and staying active.
This article is purposive for intended general information and does not mark individual circumstances. It is not an alternative to professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. A licensed physician must be consulted to diagnose and treat any medical condition. Any decision you make depending upon the information highlighted here is strictly at your own risk and responsibility.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1. Is it realistic to lose 15 pounds in a month?
Answer: One can lose 1 to 2 pounds per week and it is a safe and sustainable rate of weight loss. This contributes to losing 4 to 8 pounds per month and not 15 pounds in a month.
Question 2. Can I lose 15 pounds in 30 days?
Answer: For losing 15 pounds in a mere 30-day commitment, you could try some structured programs that have been found effective.
Question 3. How many calories should I eat a day to lose 15 pounds in a month?
Answer: To lose 15 pounds in 30 days, at your height, weight, and age, you should incorporate a 1750 calorie deficit every day in your diet.
Question 4. How can I lose 15 pounds quickly?
Answer: To gain rapid weight loss, you will have to change your diet and adopt intermittent fasting, high-intensity interval training, add fish oil and drink warm water. You could also try safe supplements.
Question 5. Does losing 10 pounds make a difference in appearance?
Answer: Losing 10 pounds simply means a drop in weight to 190 pounds and 50 pounds of fat. The change converts into a 16.67 percent reduction in fat which is sufficient to observe a difference in appearance.
Question 6. Is losing 15 pounds in 3 weeks healthy?
Answer: One can lose up to 1–2 pounds (0.45–0.9 kg) per week and it is a healthy and safe rate. Losing more than that is considered too quick and could lead you to risk of many health problems which include muscle loss, nutritional deficiencies, gallstones, and a drop in metabolism.