Losing weight could be a pretty difficult job during you are on lockdown. We don’t move outside a lot, do not exercise a lot in the house, and make new dishes every day for eating. Making new and different dishes could disrupt our diet and having a balanced diet is equally important for healthy living. Eating unhealthy every day could cause unusual weight gain and could be pretty burdensome for losing weight. There are some things in your daily diet that you may incorporate to lose some weight, it is Cumin.
Read Also: How To Drink Kombucha for Weight Loss
Despite calling Cumin the top tier and a popular spice all over the world, it also has many health benefits. Also, it is tasty and can be incorporated into any of the dishes you make, plus people claim it is quite helpful for losing weight.
Table of Contents
- Since we’re Talking About Cumin, Let’s Explore About Some Health Benefits of Cumin
- Cumin For Weight Loss
- Cumin in Diet
- Precautions While Consuming Cumin
- Misconceptions About Cumin with Weight Loss
- Other Benefits of Cumin Intake
Since we’re Talking About Cumin, Let’s Explore About Some Health Benefits of Cumin
- It increases the activity of the digestive enzymes in your gut, and thus aids digestion.
- Its seeds are enriched with iron, around one teaspoon of cumin seeds can contain about 1.4 mg of iron in them.
- It can help remove the bad cholesterol from your body, which ultimately leads to lower weight.
- It helps manage patients suffering from diabetes.
- Eating cumin seeds regularly can help reduce the inflammation caused in the body, and this is why they are beneficial in reducing the fat accumulated in your body and also reducing and controlling your weight.
Cumin For Weight Loss
It has an ingredient, thymoquinone present in it. This is a naturally occurring chemical that has anti-inflammatory products and antioxidants present in it. It is very effective for weight loss remedy as consuming 15-20 seeds of cumin in the form of cumin water or just seeds can reduce belly fat and the overall body fat. For cleaning up the toxins in your body, Thymoquinone targets free radicals.
Also, It helps in regulating blood sugar levels. Plus it helps in burning up the calories faster. It increases the speed of metabolism and improves digestion. This is a natural process since when the digestive system is healthy and digestion is improving, it keeps the perfect metabolism which is beneficial in losing weight.
Many studies and researches that included obese people who wanted to lose weight, were asked to have a regular intake of cumin seeds or cumin water. And the results were quite positive, they showed a faster reduction in weight after the consumption of it. This is why it is recommended to incorporate cumin into your daily diet for weight loss.
Some of the Cumin dishes/drinks you can try for weight reduction
Ingredients: 1-1.2 liters of water, Cumin-seeds
- Keep the water on a stove with about two seeds of Cumin seeds and bring it to a boil.
- Strain out the seeds and your drink is ready
This is infused with the oils and the healthy extracts present in cumin seeds. It helps in balancing blood sugar levels and metabolism. Also, this jeera water can add a boost to your hydration.
Consuming this at least once a day would prove to be beneficial for weight loss.
Read Also: How to use Vitamin C for Weight Loss
Ingredients: 1-1.5 cups of fresh yogurt, Cumin seeds
- Add half a teaspoon of cumin seeds to a bowl of fresh yogurt.
- Stir it well and consume it.
Yogurt is rich in protein and even a small intake of protein makes you feel full, so you eat pretty less than your actual meal. Plus incorporating Cumin-seeds gives an extra effect for weight loss after having this.
3. Cumin Powder Drink
Ingredients: 1-1.2 liters of water, Cumin seeds
- Keep the water on a stove with 1 teaspoon of cumin powder and bring it to a boil.
- Add some salt to taste if needed.
Intake of this drink after every meal for 15-20 days would show a loss in weight drastically. Instead of drinking regular water, intake of a mild cumin liquid would be very helpful.
4. Oral Supplements
Its supplements can be taken with food every day, these oral supplements could contain cumin seeds or black cumin seed oil. These can be taken according to the package instructions mentioned. Higher intake of it could show up side effects, often not rare, and wrongly approaching the consumption practice would not show effects.
Cumin in Diet
it can also be regularly consumed in your diet. Roasted cumin seeds can be added to vegetables with other spices and can also be added while cooking rice meals. It can also be added to wheat bread (roti) and salads and basically can be added to any feast for a crunchy texture and an enhanced flavor.
Precautions While Consuming Cumin
Too much of something can harm your health too. Cumin also must be consumed in moderate an amount and should be discontinued if any problem occurs. There aren’t very significant side effects of consuming it, but some of them are mentioned below
Too much intake of Cumin can cause allergies. This is very rare since it doesn’t have any side effects but it is not impossible. If any allergies occur, stop the intake of it.
No significant research and conclusion have been formed yet, but cumin could trigger miscarriages. Pregnant women must be careful with their consumption.
3. Suppress Testosterone Levels
Not completely researched and proven but could cause infertility. Always talk with your family doctor, your pediatrician, or your health consultant before the consumption of anything you think might affect your health. Maintaining a balanced diet is needed, you just can not go on consuming something without the knowledge of any side effects of the product.
Misconceptions About Cumin with Weight Loss
Cumin doesn’t help with spot reduction. It focuses on the entire body and the weight reduces. If you feel like you need a significant weight loss in a particular part of your body just like your stomach area or thigh area etc. it is not possible. Cumin doesn’t target a particular part of your body but does help in reducing the overall weight.
Sprinkling Cumin seeds or Cumin powder on top of every dish wouldn’t help with weight loss, proper diet, exercise, and cumin dishes should be prepared regularly to get the perfect results.
Other Benefits of Cumin Intake
It does not just help in weight loss but has a ton more benefits to it. With your weight loss reduction journey with cumin, you might also be able to witness these other health beneficiary things in your body.
- It supports the immune system by fighting pathogens.
- It is high in iron, which is not usually present in most of your diet.
- Helps in boosting the memory.
- It aids digestive problems and also constipation.
- Lowers the cholesterol in your body
- Because of its antioxidant and antibiotic properties, it can help with controlling food poisoning.
- It has Cancer-fighting properties and also helps patients who are suffering from diabetes.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It boosts metabolism and improves digestion which results in a healthier body and lifestyle.
This article is purposive for intended general information and does not mark individual circumstances. It is not an alternative to professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. A licensed physician must be consulted to diagnose and treat any medical condition. Any decision you make depending upon the information highlighted here is strictly at your own risk and responsibility.