Searching for the healthiest breakfast options and couldn’t find anything? Okay, so we have a better option to start your day with.
When it comes to morning breakfast, we want something easy to cook, yummy to taste yet healthy for the body. Then your search ends here.
Oats are the ultimate item that you are looking for. Oatmeal is considered to be some of the yummiest and healthiest things that one can have to start your hard day.
Must Read: How to Drink Kombucha for Weight Loss
This whole-grain, gluten-free cereal helps in losing weight if taken in the right proportion. Why oats? Let’s understand.
Table of Contents
- Consider Oats For Weight Loss
- Wonders That Oats Can Do
- Is Weight Gain Still Possible?
- Some Perfect Recipes For Weight Loss
- Final Analysis
- Frequently Asked Questions
Consider Oats For Weight Loss
In the cereal family, oats have a special position. They have a great potential in providing a bowl full of nutrients and fibers.
Being mushy, they are not loved as much by people but at the same time, the health benefits associated with them can’t be ignored. These edible seeds help the human body to a great extent.
Various reasons support adding oats to your weight loss journey. Components like antioxidants, rich in fiber, high protein, low calories, and many more contribute to making it one of the weight loss items if taken with some measures.
Oatmeal can prove to be an asset for those who want to slim down. The high content of water and fiber helps in curbing hunger and makes the stomach fuller for long period.
Oats contain complex carbohydrates that release glucose slowly. It takes a long time to break these into some compounds which are used in providing energy.
Our body does not digest fiber so fast which leads to less craving for other snacks. Not only this, but these also improve blood sugar levels and help in maintaining good cholesterol.
This low-calorie meal can help in getting a thin waistline. Looking at the review of one of the You Tuber, she claims to lose 2 kg in just 7 days of following an oat diet plan.
Read Also: Green Coffee For Weight Loss
Wonders That Oats Can Do
Adding oats to everyday meals can have miscellaneous benefits such as:
- Low in calories: with up to 200 calories per meal.
- Easy to make in rush hours
- Assists in maintaining good skin and hair
- Slim the waistline
- Provides maximum satisfaction level
- Curbs down hunger
- Rich in antioxidants like Avenanthramides
- Plethora of nutrients
- Boost immunity
- Improve blood sugar by eliminating the risk of type2 diabetes
- Prosperous leads to good bone health
- Iron in it helps in making hemoglobin in the bloodstream
- Let healthy bacteria grow in our gut
- Improves digestion
Is Weight Gain Still Possible?
Eating oats in the wrong way can add up to your weight. How? Look at some of these blunders that you are committing with your oats diet:
- Eating instant oatmeal packets: These packets are usually loaded with several artificial ingredients making it much worse for your weight loss journey.
- Adding dried fruits: fruits like cranberries, and pineapples, contain large contents of sugar which ruin the weight loss path.
- Too much sugar: sometimes for our taste buds we tend to add maple syrup which can cause a spike in the sugar level of blood.
- Lack of protein: The amount of protein we get from oats is about 5 grams along with it we tend to have 30 grams of carbs. To balance the amount of protein one can add yogurt or cottage cheese.
Some Perfect Recipes For Weight Loss
Here are some recipes which can contribute to shedding extra weight without compromising the taste. These are quick to make and very healthy. Moreover, these will also help you to boost your metabolism. So let’s learn how to make
1. Veggie Oats Chilla
Tired of eating plain oats? Spice up with some flavors and veggies and make oats Chilla for your breakfast. Chilla is the Indian name for pancakes.
This dish is very easy to make yet healthy. It involves fewer ingredients.
Things We Need
- Oats powder: grate half a cup of oats in a grinder, Onion, and some other vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Water for batter
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder
Preparation time-25 minutes
- Add oats powder to a bowl.
- Take your favorite vegetables. Mine are capsicum, carrot, onion, and tomatoes. Cut them too into small pieces.
- Now add green chilies for some spice.
- Next, combine both powder and vegetables.
- Pour some water into it and make a thick paste. Don’t forget to add salt and pepper according to taste.
- Spread this paste on a griddle (Tava)
- Toast it with ghee
- Serve it hot with a pudina chutney
This recipe is most loved by everyone.
Pro tip: you can also add some cheese or paneer for extra protein.
2. Oats Smoothie (without milk)
Smoothie without milk? Yes, it is possible to make a healthy drink without adding milk to it.
This thick smoothie is very effective in losing weight as well as benefits someone who is suffering from PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease).
So let’s see the recipe for it.
Things we need:
- 1/4th cup roasted oats
- 2 dates without seeds
- 1 chopped banana
- 5-6 almonds
- Water-1 glass
Preparation time-5 minutes
1. Blend all the ingredients in a mixer jar. Consistency should be thick. Serve this yummy smoothie immediately.
This is the best recipe when you are running short on time.
Pro Tip: adding dates and bananas to it act as natural sweeteners. Moreover, you can also add mixed seeds like chia seeds and pumpkin seeds.
3. Vegetable Oats Soup
Oats are used in various ways. One such way is making oats soup. This soup is super healthy and yummy.
Vegetables provide the required amount of nutrients and fibers. Flaxseeds are rich in omega3 and fatty acids, aiding in weight loss.
Let’s see how to make this super tummy-filling recipe:
Things we need:
- 1 tablespoon of mustard oil
- 1 tablespoon oats
- Garlic, ginger, each tablespoon
- Half carrot
- Half capsicum
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon boiled corns
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed powder
- Half spoon Oregano seasoning 2 glasses of water
Preparation Time-15 minutes
- Take 1 tablespoon of oats and let it soak in half a cup of water for 30 minutes.
- Add oil to your pan.
- Now add ginger and garlic to it. Wait till it turns golden brown
- Next, add all the vegetables to it. Roast it.
- Add flaxseed powder and oregano for taste. Toast it again.
- Then add one tablespoon of soaked oats. This will make the soup thick.
- Finally, add water to it.
- Put a lid on the pan till it gets to boil.
- Garnish with coriander.
Pro Tip: adding a few drops of lemon can change its taste. However, you can also add black pepper and chili flakes last (it’s optional).
4. Oats Bhel
This oats bhel is the healthier version for the people who are dieting. This super easy recipe is low in cholesterol and helps in curbing small cravings.
A new version of bhel is mouth-watering, so let’s learn how to make it.
Things we need
- One large cup of oats
- 1/4 a cup of corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of chopped capsicum
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the oats in a pan until it turns little brown.
- Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Now shift them into a bowl to cool.
- Add all the ingredients to it.
- In the end, crush corn flakes with your hand and add them to the bhel.
- Finally, squeeze some lemon.
Pro Tip: ensure to remove the seeds of tomatoes before chopping them as it will make the bhel soggy.
Oats are very good for weight loss. But one should note the quantity they are taking. Everything in excess always causes harm to our bodies. Having them in a controlled proportion benefits the most.
Now including oats in your diet plan will not scare you as you now know amazing recipes. Right?
So when you are starting your diet?
This article is purposive for intended general information and does not mark individual circumstances. It is not an alternative to professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. A licensed physician must be consulted to diagnose and treat any medical condition. Any decision you make depending upon the information highlighted here is strictly at your own risk and responsibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1. Which one is better on low-carb diet purple yam or oatmeal?
Answer: Oatmeal is a more beneficial source of food for weight loss. It contains a greater number of nutarians and minerals like THIAMIN, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLATE, IRON, and PROTEIN.
Question 2. Can oat wheat bread make you lose weight?
Answer: Oats are the best meal for weight loss as it contains a high level of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. If you want to try oats with wheat bread then go with gluten-free wheat.
Question 3. Do oatmeal and apple make you lose weight?
Answer: Yes! Both oats and apples are low in calories and fats. They are power bags of fiber that help in weight loss.
Question 4. Can you lose weight by eating a cup of oatmeal 3 times a day?
Answer: One should take ½ cup of oats for a meal at a time. Eating more oats may not help one to lose weight.
Question 5. Is lime 3 cups of water in 1 cup of oats good for losing weight?
Answer: Yes! An empty stomach will help in nourishing your body and give you a good amount of nutrients and fiber.
Question 6. I’m supposed to be on a high fiber diet can I add one egg to my oatmeal?
Answer: yes, it will help you to boost your energy level.
Question 7. Is oatmeal cream pie good for your diet?
Answer: Yes! It helps in many ways. It is good for diabetes, blood pressure, and heart disease. A good source of nutrients helps in weight loss.
Question 8. Do pineapple papaya and oatmeal milk help to lose weight?
Answer: yes! Pineapple contains an enzyme known as Bromelain which helps you in cutting belly fats. And papaya has low calories which help in weight loss, as well as oats, which are good with fiber and nutrients best meal for weight loss.
Question 9. If you eat oatmeal with something, will it make you gain less weight since it has lots of fiber in it?
Answer: one should take the right amount and portion of oatmeal as per guided by your nutritionist.
Question 10. Can I skip egg whites and just eat oatmeal for breakfast and still lose weight?
Answer: Yes! You may go with your choice but egg white is low in fat, calorie, and cholesterol and high in protein which can help in losing weight.
Question 11. Gluten-free oats is safe for bio medic diet?
Answer: Yes! As oats show the anti-inflammatory effect which prevents diabetes, and weight gain, it has low calories and fats.