A fitness tracker is basically a heart rate monitor used for health tracking. This smart tracker helps in monitoring your blood pressure, your activity, and your overall health, this can thus be termed as a smart bracelet. One of the best fitness trackers is Fitbit, which has a Bluetooth device that is even capable of monitoring your sleep rate. There are many other fitness trackers according to the kind of activity you are involved in, like cycling, trekking, jogging, swimming, etc. They need to have tracking devices and a body built according to the kind of sports they are in. For example, if you are getting a fitness tracker specially made for swimming, it needs to be waterproof.
Picking up a product could be pretty challenging so here are some points which you should keep in mind before getting a fitness tracker
- Features provided : A device could be of a greater importance if it contains the features you need according to your disciplined sport. But some features like a GPS monitor, heart rate meter, smart phone integration and an activity tracker are must.
- Customer reviews : Before getting any device, always check their customer reviews. Fitness trackers could be pretty expensive sometimes so it is always better to go with the ones which have positive reviews.
- Price range : As we already mentioned fitness trackers could be pretty expensive at times. Thus choosing what’s rightly functioning for you which is in your budget is extremely important.
Read Also : Best Treadmill for home exercise
Best Fitness Tracker in USA 2021
These were some of the points to buy after understanding the overall product. For understanding the working of a fitness tracker you need to lay eyes on some of the features it provides other than just a heart tracker. Here are some of the main features a good fitness tracker possesses :
- A personalized Experience : It is important that the tracker keeps monitoring about your heart rate, activity and the other things. But it is also important that the fitness tracker keeps an eye on your weight, height, age, gender etc. These will help in creating customized workout plans according to your body.
- Exercise recognition : Whatever workout you are doing at the moment should be recorded. The monitors should have activity sensors to detect the kind of workout and automatically enter it in its system instead of manually typing it.
- Smartphone integration and multiple device synchronization : These devices should have an access to your smartphone display screen, so that you can easily call or text while you are resting during a workout. This could even allow to play music during the workout. Plus it should be easily accessible on any device through a Bluetooth connection.
- GPS and Navigation : This could be pretty important for people who are into cycling or jogging. This should be able to provide you routes, distance traveled, speed and steps taken.
- Movement reminders and Notifications : Push notifications and movement reminders could help you assist the kind of work you should do next. Alarm clock or vibration notifications help you remind when to do what.
- Waterproof : A very important factor for the people who are swimmers. These could show on how many laps you complete, how much distance you have traveled and some other things related to swimming.
- Food, Water intake monitor and Sleep Monitor : Food intake and real time tracking of the calories you take should be monitored. Staying hydrated is important so a water tracker could keep track of the water intake and also help you giving reminders. The sleep monitor when in motion, implies that the person is active while sleeping. Getting a sound sleep is equally important, so tracking the sleep is also a must.
Since we have talked about the features and the necessary information about the buying process you need to follow, here is present you some of the best fitness trackers of 2021
- Fitbit Charge 4
This is known by many people as the best fitness tracker because of its high-quality features. Along with the usual heart tracking features, you also get a GPS monitor, calorie burner meter, routes to maps, sleep support, and also has Spotify support. This is the perfect tracker when you are going for a jog or a long hike.
Cons: It has a basic interface and lacks a color display.
- Apple Watch Series 6
This is the best fitness tracker for running. GPS, route, distance traveled, speed, and many more things can be monitored. Along with this, it offers information about blood oxygen levels. It also comes in a sleek design with many color options.
Cons: No pro-mode if one wants to take their fitness to a higher level
- Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music
It has all the best features of fitness smart bracelets and trackers. It can measure heart rate, steps, and stairs. It also provides features of contactless payment and other smartphone features. Can also hold up many songs.
Cons: No women’s health tracking, can only reply to messages when paired with an Android device
- Fit Bit sense
This tracker, along with the fitness tracking features has a longer battery life and an attractive design. It provides blood oxygen reading and skin temperature too. Also, it can be used on an Android or an Apple device.
Cons: No Spotify storage
- Polar Vantage M
This is the best for cycling since it calculates the laps, the time elapsed, the distance covered, and many other things. Along with this, it provides an option to see the calories burned, heart rate tracking and also provides breathing exercises and is waterproof.
Cons: Lack of personalization.
- Apple Watch Series 5
Doesn’t feature any changes other than usual fitness watches, but has an always-on display which could be helpful for people. It also provides a smooth performance.
Cons: Expensive, No sleep tracking, Battery life is not so effective.
- Garmin Forerunner 245
This is one of the best sports tracking devices. This has all the features present in it and has a swim-proof design but no swimming features. It has a customizable interface and onboard music storage.
Cons: The app could be organized better.
- Samsung gear fit2 Pro
This is the best tracking device for swimming. This is water-resistant up to 50 meters and has many swimming specialized tracking devices in it, one of them is the SWOLF score, which measures the efficiency through the strokes taken in water. Can be used on iOS and Android both, and can be linked with nutrition apps such as Map my run and MyFitneesPal.
Cons: Not useful in smaller pools for counting laps.
- Coros Apex
It has all the regular features with good outdoor screen visibility. It tracks sleep and helps to interpret data like nutrition and training advice. It can be used for many outdoor activities like swimming, jogging, hiking, biking, etc.
Cons: No touch screen, is bulky for tinier wrists, screen brightness is not adjustable, the screen looks dull indoors.
- Amazfit Band 5
This is an affordable Fitness Tracker with an inbuilt sleep tracking system. Along with heart rates and blood pressure rates, this also calculates stress monitoring. It has a lightweight and comfortable design.
Cons: Display is hard to see in sunlight.
Source of all images in this article: AMAZON.COM